Friday, May 1, 2009

For Sale One Thousand Things

The idea to try and sell One Thousand Things, brewed while sitting on a bus. I am not sure why 1000 - it just seemed to have a nice ring to it. 


I proposed my idea to family and friends thinking they would try and talk me out of it - but no, one friend sent me all the details of getting my hawkers license (to sell food) while Pho wanted to no what % she would earn.


We do have a goal for selling things - pocket money for our family trip to New York City and Orlando, Florida in April 2010. 


Where will the one thousand items come from? We intend to be creative, as a family we are collectors, we have a few double up of items. We are also finders - scouring op shops, garage sales, fetes and auctions means we have picked up a number of items we could not go past knowing someone would want this treasure. We have a concept for selling confectionary (hence the hawkers license) and Sage has recorded two CD’s that she needs to sell. 


Stay tuned for our first sale listings update.


Teak

No comments:

Post a Comment